- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
Delicious and sweet blueberries dot Very Blueberry Cake, a classic, made from scratch recipe.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups blueberries, drained well
- Topping: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 1/3 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening and egg. Stir into creamed mixture milk, 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Carefully blend in drained blueberries. Pour into a well greased 9 by 18 inch pan. Blend topping ingredients to make a crumb mixture. Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.