- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 1 750-milliliter bottle
Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs from Provence that was invented in the 1970s. It usually contains a mix of savory, fennel, basil, thyme and occasionally lavender.
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle dry vermouth, such as Noilly Prat
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- Place 3/4 cup of the vermouth in a saucepan over medium-low heat and then add the herbs. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool and then strain to remove the herbs. Pour the mixture back into the bottle of vermouth, cap the bottle and then shake the mixture well to combine.