- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
Serve these Mexican-inspired vegetarian quesadillas with fresh salsa and sour cream, as well as a few chilled bottles of Mexican beer garnished with lime wedges.
- 2 small green and/or red sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin 1-inch-long strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 5 6- to 7-inch flour tortillas
- Place 1 teaspoon of the oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the sweet peppers and the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the cumin and the chili powder and cook for 1 additional minute before stirring in the parsley.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the cream cheese over one-side of each tortillas and then top with the onion mixture. Fold the tortillas in half and then place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tortillas with the remaining olive oil and then place in the oven for 6 minutes. Serve the quesadillas immediately after cutting into wedges.