- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 2
Veggie Quesadillas are filled with black eyed peas, zucchini and corn.
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- dash garlic powder
- 1 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black eyed peas
- 4, 8 inch flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack, shredded
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well. Set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat until hot. Add zucchini; saute until tender, 3 minutes. Add corn and black eyed peas, saute 2 minutes.
- Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, top tortillas with cheeses and zucchini mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, or until tortillas are crisp and cheese melts. Cut each into thirds. Place on plates and serve with tomato mixture on the side.