- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This is a great way to get some extra vegetables into your kid’s diet. Cauliflower and carrots are blended with potatoes and then topped with Parmesan cheese, making this healthier version of classic mashed potatoes.
- 3 medium baking potatoes (1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup light dairy sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the potatoes, cauliflower and carrot in a saucepan and then cover with salted water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and then mash with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the sour cream and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste, and then mix well to combine. Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.