- Prep: 19 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A quick trip to the farmer’s market will get you everything you need for this veggie grilled cheese sandwich.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 1/2-inch thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 of a 4-ounce package garlic-and-herb goat cheese, softened
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the spinach, the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil and then place, oiled side down, on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Spread the goat cheese on half of the slices and the spinach mayonnaise on the other halves. Top with the zucchini, tomato and remaining spinach and then close the sandwiches.
- Put the sandwiches in a hot skillet over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, turning once, and then serve immediately.