- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
These Veggie Fritters make a great vegetarian appetizer or a crispy side to baked fish or chicken. Use a food processor to grate the vegetables to save time and effort.
- 1/2 pound potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1/2 pound baby zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil, for frying
- Place the grated vegetables into a large bowl and then add the egg, a few pinches of salt and pepper and the Parmesan cheese. Mix the ingredients by hand to combine, discarding any excess liquid.
- Pour the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, drop spoonfuls of the vegetable mixture into the oil and fry the fritters until crisp. Drain the veggie fritters on a plate lined with paper towels prior to serving.