- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Great recipe for a healthy burger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasonings
- Â½ large yellow onion, diced
- Â½ large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or soy oil
- 1 pound ground soy/veggie meat or crumbled soy/veggie burgers of your choice
- Â½ cup ketchup or barbeque sauce (no salt added varieties)
- 2 large egg whites or egg substitute
- Â½ cup part skim mozzarella cheese or soy cheese
- Â½ cup KashiÂ® Heart to HeartÂ® cereal, crushed
- Â¼ cup low sodium parmesan cheese or soy parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the first four ingredients in olive oil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add ground soy/veggie meat or crumbled soy/veggie burgers into vegetable mixture and continue to cook for 5 minutes until flavors absorb into meat. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients, except parmesan cheese. Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients using your hands.
- Form the mixture into eight burger patties and place them into an oiled baking dish. Sprinkle burgers with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350Â°F for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of burgers.
- Baked burgers, stored in an airtight container, should keep well in the refrigerator for up to one week. To reheat, simply microwave burger until warmed.