- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes about 2-3/4 cups
Enjoy this versatile, vegetarian Vietnamese sauce and its spicy, sweet and tangy flavor drizzled over vegetarian dishes.
- 1/2 cup soy-based seasoning sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons chili paste or finely chopped fresh or dried chilies
- Place the sugar and water into a bowl, stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved and then set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, and soy sauce to the cooled sugar water and mix well to blend. Stir in the vinegar, lime juice, and soy sauce and then serve immediately.