- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
This vegtarian fried udon recipe is delicious and would please even the biggest meat lover.
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons loose green tea or 2 green tea bags, opened
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled daikon radish, jicama, or radish
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3 cups hot cooked udon noodles or spaghetti
- Add tofu, teriyaki sauce and vinegar to a large resealable plastic bag. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes then remove tofu from bag and save liquid.
- Sauté tea in hot oil for 30 seconds over medium-high heat. Add tofu, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in daikon, leeks and carrots and cook for 1 minute. Mix in noodles and saved liquid and continue cooking 2 minutes or until heated through.