- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr 20 min
- Total: 5 hr 50 min
- Serving: 8
Serve this dish with spanish rice and a green salad for a complete meal.
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 medium jar chunky red salsa
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small can diced Ortega green chilies
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 small can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated (optional)
- Combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste, beans, corn, green chilies, cumin, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spoon 1 cup of the mixture into the bottom of a crock pot.
- Spread evenly.
- Cover the top with tortillas, cutting to fit as necessary.
- Spread on 1/3 of the remaining tomato mixture.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times, ending with the rest of the tomato mixture; spread evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the sliced olives over all.
- Cover and cook on low about 5 to 6 hours.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of mixture and cook an additional 20 minutes.