- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This perfectly flavored vegetarian chili is versatile enough to go with a salad or to be served as the main meal. Add some corn bread on the side and enjoy!
- 1, 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 1, 28-ounce can tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chopped bell peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 10 minutes until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add oil and swirl to coat entire pan.
- Add onion and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cumin, paprika, garlic, and crushed red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bell peppers, vegetable broth, tomatoes, and squash and bring mixture to a gentle simmer. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and simmer for 25 minutes, or until chili thickens, stirring occasionally.