- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this creamy and crunchy pita wrap sandwich, brimming with texture and fresh flavor.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat pita wraps
- Place the vinegar, chipotle chile and salt into a medium-sized bowl, and whisk together to combine. Add the cabbage, carrot and cilantro to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the beans and the avocado in another bowl, and mash with a fork until creamy. Add the cheese and the onion and stir to combine.
- Place the wraps on a clean surface, and spread each with 1/2 cup of the bean mixture and 2/3 cup of the cabbage mixture. Roll each pita up and slice in half.