- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A chunky chopped pork and vegetable slow cooked soup dinner.
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans yellow hominy with liquid
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Shredded cheese, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and brown in a skillet. Spread into the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Mix together the onion, celery, hominy, tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin and 1 cup of water in a separate bowl. Pour over the pork. Cook covered for 6-7 hours on high.
- Serve with the cheese and green onions sprinkled over top.