- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8
Vegetable Pizza with Pesto is a nice change from the traditional tomato based pizza sauce.
- 1, 11 ounce package refrigerated French bread loaf
- Pesto: 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- Topping: 2 1/2 cups Italian 4 cheese blend, shredded
- 4 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out bread loaf into a 14 by 9 inch rectangle. Place on a baking sheet.
- Make Pesto: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over bread loaf. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend over top.
- Layer tomatoes, zucchini, onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle with black pepper. Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake in center of oven 35 minutes, until golden brown.