- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Vegetable and Pesto Pasta is delicious Italian dinner and a nice retreat from the typical tomato-based pasta sauce.
- 8 ounces of uncooked linguini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of frozen sweet peas
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup of prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook until the garlic is light brown (about 1-2 minutes). Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and peas and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are crisp-tender (about 3-5 minutes). Stir in the spinach and cook until it is wilted.
- Toss the warm pasta with the pesto sauce. Serve individually and top the pasta on each plate with the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle each with the parmesan cheese.