- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 3
- 4 large veal scallops pounded thin
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 t dried sage (or minced fresh sage)
- 4 heaping t grated parmasen cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 stick butter (1 stick = 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 sundried tomatoes, cut into strips (optional)
- 8 mushrooms, sliced and fried (optional)
- Lay each veal scallop (or chicken cutlet) on a slice of prosciutto.
- Blend sage and parmasen cheese, and put 1/4 of mixture on top of each scallop.
- Wrap proscuitto slice completely around each veal scallop and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Beat egg in one bowl, and put flour on a separate plate.
- Dip each veal package in egg, then flour.
- Melt 2 tbsps butter in a saucepan and saute veal packages until browned on both sides (turning only once so they don't unwrap).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Put marsala, white wine, and beef broth in pan and reduce over high heat until thick and syrupy.
- Add remaining butter, sundried tomatoes, and fried mushrooms and stir until butter is blended into sauce.
- Pour over veal packages and serve.
- This is particularly good if served over cooked spinach, though it could also be served with rice.