- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
This is an easy three-ingredient recipe that yields sweet and spicy pieces of chicken bursting with juices.
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves, ribs attached, washed, patted dry
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle vanilla-flavored cola (Vanilla Coke or Pepsi)
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl:
- Place chicken breasts in bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler and adjust oven rack to middle position.
- Spray a broiler pan (or a rack placed in a large baking pan) with nonstick cooking spray or wipe with olive oil.
- Place broiler pan in oven for 5 minutes to heat. Carefully take pan out of oven and remove chicken from bowl, discarding the marinade.
- Place chicken breasts on pan, ribs-side down.
- Broil for 25 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear when breast is slit with a knife.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil for 10 minutes to let the juices redistribute.