- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8
Heart-shaped cookie sandwiches filled with ice cream meld chewy and creamy in a swoon-worthy Valentine's Day dessert.
- 1 recipe chocolate chip cookie bars
- 3 cups vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- Bake cookie recipe in a 13x9-inch baking dish according to recipe. Let cool slightly.
- Use 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut heart-shaped cookies, ending up with an even number of cookies.
- Spread a thick layer of slightly softened ice cream on half of the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies, pressing them down firmly to evenly spread ice cream into a sandwich.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer until ready to serve.