- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 12
Seasonal cakes ideal for the holidays or as a yummy winter dessert. Serve generous slices with fresh whipped cream.
- 2 ripe but firm pears, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 box spice cake mix
- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Arrange pear slices on bottom of pans, dividing evenly.
- Prepare spice cake batter according to package directions.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans, pouring over pears.
- Bake according to package directions. Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Invert each cake onto a serving plate. Slice and serve warm.