- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A delicious way to end a wonderful meal, you cannot go wrong serving these bittersweet chocolate and pear sundaes made with pear liqueur and vanilla ice cream.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pear liqueur or pear nectar
- 4 small pears (1 pound total), peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream
- Place the chocolate, water, and 1/4 cup sugar into a saucepan over low heat and stir constantly until the chocolate has melted. Add the pear liqueur, stir to blend and then remove the mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Place the butter into a small sauté pan over medium heat to melt. Add the pears and cook for 12 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar into the pan and stir until a glaze is formed.
- Scoop some ice cream into dessert bowls and then top with the pears and the chocolate sauce; serve immediately.