- Prep: 2 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 2 hr 55 min
- Serving: 8
Take time to savor a pie of Ultimate Caramel Pecan Pie.
- 3 cups pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1, 14 ounce package caramels
- 2/3 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1 package (8 squares) semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place 2 cups of pecans in food processor and process until finely ground. Mix with sugar and butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Microwave caramels and 1/3 cup of whipping cream in a microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute. Pour into crust. Chop remaining 1 cup pecans and sprinkle over pie.
- Place chocolate, remaining 1/3 cup whipping cream, confectioner's sugar and vanilla in saucepan; cook on low heat just until chocolate is completely melted, stirring constantly. Pour over pie; gently spread to evenly cover surface. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.