- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Creamy, cheesy twice baked potato dish.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Solid shortening
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soften the skins of the potato by rubbing the shortening on. Bake until done.
- Remove from the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out the insides, careful to keep the shell intact.
- Mash the potato insides and mix with the milk, butter, salt and pepper until fluffy. Blend in the sour cream.
- Fill the potato shells with the mixture and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.