- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Sleek and sexy, this gin, vermouth, Maraschino liqueur, absinthe and orange bitters cocktail hails from the Harry Johnson Bartenders’ Manual of 1882.
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/2 bar-spoon Maraschino
- 1/4 bar-spoon Absinthe
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- Maraschino cherry and lemon zest twist to garnish
- Pre-chill a cocktail glass by placing it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Pour all of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for 35 seconds and then strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with the Maraschino cherry and the lemon zest twist, and then serve immediately.