- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 60 appetizers
Crostinis, or “little toasts,” are thin slices of toasted bread brushed with olive oil or topped with a savory garnish.
- 1/2 cup butterr, softened
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (1-pound) loaf French baguette bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Provolone Cheese, cut into eighths
- 1 (7.25-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and the garlic in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and then place on a baking sheet, buttered side down. Top each slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 1 piece of red pepper, and then sprinkle with some of the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the crostinis in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese and then serve immediately.