- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Studded with green pepper and pimento, Turkey Rice Bake is full of mushroom flavor.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can onion soup
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimento, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 4 slices American cheese, halved diagonally
- Brown rice in margarine in skillet, stirring constantly. Place in casserole.
- Add next 6 ingredients and 1 1/3 cups water, mixing well. Bake covered, at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Arrange cheese slices in pinwheel on casserole. Bake uncovered, until cheese melts.