- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Are you looking for a chili recipe that isn't just average? This delicious pumpkin chili is exactly what you need to whip up tonight!
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, peppers, and garlic until golden. Stir in the turkey and cook until evenly browned.
- Drain and mix in tomatoes and pumpkin. Season with chili powder, pepper, red pepper flakes and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese and a scoop of sour cream.