- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4
Earthy mushrooms lend this burger a meatier texture and a richer taste.
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 Â¼ pounds 7% fat ground turkey
- Â½ cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place mushrooms and 1 cup of water in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Loosely cover and microwave on HIGH for 1 Â½ minutes. Set aside and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to a medium-high to high temperature. Drain mushrooms and squeeze out excess liquid (reserve liquid to enhance soups or sauces).
- Finely chop mushrooms and place mushroom in a large mixing bowl with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into turkey mixture into 4 equal portions (5 ounces each).
- Toss one portion from one hand to the other to form a ball.
- Flatten into a Â¾ inch thick patty.
- Repeat with remaining 3 portions.
- Oil grill rack with vegetable oil and grill patties for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip with spatula and grill for 3 to 4 more minutes. If not completely cooked through to your liking, move the patties to a cooler area of the grill and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- If unsure of the doneness, insert an instant-read thermometer into the center of a burger; it should reach 160 degrees F.