- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
Healthy and flavorful, this meatloaf makes a lean, mean main course.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 ground turkey
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine onion, garlic, turkey, 1/4 cup ketchup, eggs, salt, pepper, bacon, bread crumbs and parsley in a large bowl - use your hands to mix well.
- Place mixture in a 9x5-inch loaf pan and cover with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup. Bake meatloaf for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- To serve, slide a spatula under one end of the meatloaf and tilt pan while sliding meatloaf onto a plate.