- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
Turkey Enchilada Casserole is made with whole wheat tortillas.
- 1 quart can tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 can refried beans
- 1, 12 ounce jar salsa
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1, 16 ounce package Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package whole wheat tortillas
- Saute peppers, onion, celery and carrots along with the turkey, until turkey is no longer pink; about 10 minutes. Mix in refried beans, tomatoew, and salsa. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place a small amount of meat mixture on the bottom of medium casserole dish. Layer tortillas, then sauce and 1/2 the cheese. Then layer more sauce, tortillas and end with sauce. Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle top with remaining cheese and bake until cheese melts; about 10 minutes.