- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 8
Looking for a new chili recipe for dinner tonight? Try this turkey chili and beans for something the whole family will love.
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 3 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 10 minutes or until translucent and golden brown. Add chili powder, garlic, and cumin and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Add beans; cook for 30 seconds. Add vegetable broth; bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Add diced tomato, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper, stirring well.