- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Try this delicious tailgating recipe that make plain old burgers and wings seem passé.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 8-ounces canned, sliced green chilis
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 pound large white beans, soaked overnight
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Sauté onion, garlic, and turkey in a large pot for 8 to 10 minutes, or until turkey is just browned. Add the peppers, coriander, oregano, cloves, cayenne, salt, and pepper and stir about 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 of beans and broth; purée the remaining beans in a blender and add to the pot. Bring chili to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Garnish with cheese when ready to serve.