- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
Tuna Vegetable Pilaf is a nice light meal full of tasty brown rice and veggies.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups clear vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen broccoli spears, thawed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3, 7 ounce cans tuna in oil
- Melt butter in 3 quart Dutch oven. Add scallions and rice. Cook until rice is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil.
- Bake covered, at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except tuna. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer. Stir in tuna before serving.