- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These tuna subs are a delicious and simple solution for a sit-down lunch or one on the go. Feel free to substitute the mayonnaise for some light Italian dressing to achieve a tangier flavor.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1 12-ounce can tuna (water packed), drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot, celery, or red sweet pepper
- 4 sub rolls, split
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- Place the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, and pepper into a small bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended. Add the tuna and the carrot and continue to mix until combined.
- Put 2 slices of cheddar cheese onto the bottom of each roll half, and then spoon on the tuna mixture. Top the sandwiches with the roll tops and serve.