- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Crunchy and flavorful, this salad incorporates the protein of tuna as well as green beans and red cabbage to made it healthy and filling.
- 1 cup trimmed and diagonally-cut green beans
- 4 cups (about 8 ounces) chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) oil-packed tuna, rinsed with cold water, drained and flaked with a fork
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water filled half way full to a boil. Add the beans and cook until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water, then pat dry.
- Use a large serving bowl and combine the beans, cabbage, onion, parsley, tuna, oil, capers and pepper. Toss together to coat well and serve.