- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Italian-inspired dish is made with angel hair, fresh tomato and tuna. Enjoy with a bottle of Italian pinot grigio.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 anchovies, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 2 diced fresh, medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook the angel hair according to package directions, drain, return to pot and drizzle with 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil. Gently toss to coat.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the anchovies and the red pepper and cook for 1 additional minute, then add the tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium, and cook mixture for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add the tuna to the mixture and stir to combine. Continue to cook for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Place the pasta in a large pasta dish and top with the tuna sauce. Sprinkle the dish with basil and serve immediately.