- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This tuna sandwich gets its inspiration from a classic French Niçoise salad that is made with various vegetables and tuna. Serve it on fresh slices of whole wheat bread and accompany it with salt and vinegar chips and a few bread and butter pickles.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 can (6 ounces each) low-sodium chunk white tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 sliced green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoon pitted, chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Red leaf lettuce leaves to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl and stir vigorously until thoroughly blended. Add the tuna, onion, olives and capers and mix well to combine. Season the mixture to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Evenly divide the mixture between 4 slices of the whole wheat bread and then top with the lettuce garnish and the remaining bread. Serve immediately.