- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These Tuna Nicoise Burgers are certainly a delicious variation to the classic beef burger. Slather with a blend of mayonnaise and anchovy paste, and then top with some peppery arugula and tomato slices for a fabulous new dish.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh tuna, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 4 brioche buns, split and toasted
- Place the tuna, scallions, olives and capers onto a baking sheet and then place in the freezer for 8 minutes to chill.
- Remove the ingredients from the freezer and transfer to a food processor. Process the mixture until finely chopped and then place in a bowl with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Mix the mixture well and then shape into 4 patties.
- Prepare your grill on medium-high heat.
- In the meantime, put the mayonnaise and anchovy paste into a small bowl and mix vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Place the tuna patties onto the grill, brush with olive oil and then cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to the brioche buns, slather with the mayonnaise mixture, and then top with your favorite toppings; serve immediately.