- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A healthy mix of lean protein, fiber and nutrients all in one simple meal; serve this simple salad alone or as a side dish.
- 1 6-ounce can tuna, preferably Italian packed in olive oil, drained
- 4 small tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1-1/4 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the tuna, tomatoes, beans, onions and basil in a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinegar and the olive oil and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss the salad once more and serve.