- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4
Heart-healthy fish fantastically replaces the standard ground chuck. Flip your tuna burger onto a wholegrain or sprouted-grain bun and top with gourmet greens or spicy alfalfa sprouts.
- 1 Â¼ pounds of high-quality tuna steaks
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- Â½ teaspoon cumin
- Â¼ teaspoon coriander
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â½ teaspoon white pepper
- Cut tuna into Â¼ inch pieces.
- Then using a rocking motion with a knife, continue to chop tuna until it looks coarsely ground.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna and remaining ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions (about 5 ounces each).
- Use your hands to press into 1 inch thick patties. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium-high to high temperatures.
- Take a chance grilling directly on the rack or employ a grill grid to protect the delicate nature of the patties.
- Place grill grid on top of grill rack and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
- Grill tuna burgers until well browned on the first side, about 3 minutes.
- Flip grid or, using a lightly greased spatula, the patties and continue to grill until desired doneness, only about 2 minutes to 3 minutes.