- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Pizza doesn’t have to be associated with unhealthy takeout food. Instead, try this gourmet version with imported tuna and roasted sweet pepper. Serve with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and you have an elegant meal.
- 1 10-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 6-1/2-ounce jar imported tuna in olive oil, lightly drained and broken into chunks
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into bite-size strips
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray an 11-inch pizza pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Take the dough out of its packaging, unroll onto the prepared pan and then prick the dough numerous times with a fork. Place in the oven for 8 minutes to lightly brown.
- Spread the pasta sauce onto the crust, leaving about 1-1/2 inches from the edge, and then top with the tuna, roasted red pepper strips, capers and mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes until bubbly. Serve immediately.