- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 3 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Just because you’re in the woods sitting on a tree stump doesn’t mean you can’t have an impressive appetizer while the main meal is sizzling on the fire. After a prosperous day of fishing, make trout crostini.
- 4 wide slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups flaked cooked trout, skin and bones removed
- 4-ounces crumbled feta
- Toast bread on a grate over the campfire.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, tomatoes, basil, and trout, tossing lightly to combine.
- Top toasted bread with trout mixture and sprinkle with feta. Eat immediately or place in aluminum foil packets and warm over the fire.