- Prep: 3 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 12
Tropical Jello Salad is filled with bananas, marshmallows and pineapple and topped with a creamy frosting.
- Jello Layer: 2, 3 ounce packages lemon gelatin
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained and reserve juice
- Topping: 1 cup reserved pineapple juice, add water to make 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope Dream Whip plus milk
- Combine jello layer ingredients and pour into a 9 by 13 inch baking pan; let set.
- Combine topping ingredients, except for Dream Whip, and cook 5 minutes; let cool. Meanwhile prepare Dream Whip as directed on package. Combine topping with Dream Whip and spread on top of jello. Let set until firm.