- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 12
Dreamy avocado and tropical fruit tossed with a creamy protein-rich dressing refreshes the palate after a hearty meal.
- 1 small mango, pitted, diced
- 1 large banana, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or canned in natural juices
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, segmented
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, diced
- Blend the following in a food processor or blender until smooth:
- 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- Juice of a small lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Juice of a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (squeeze from fresh or drain from canned)
- Pinch or two black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Blend the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the fruit.
- Toss the fruit with the dressing.
- Keep cold in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Coconut can be added with the dressing but will become soft.