- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Serve these tropical fruit kabobs, made with star fruit, papaya and kiwi, over bowls of toasted flaked coconut ice cream for a sweet and satisfying dessert.
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- Lemon juice
- 1 star fruit (carambola), sliced
- 1 large firm, ripe papaya, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 6 wooden or metal skewers, each about 6 inches long
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup toasted flaked coconut
- Place the honey and the cinnamon in a small saucepan over low heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Brush the banana slices with lemon juice to prevent browning and then thread onto the skewers along with the star fruit, papaya, and kiwifruit.
- Brush the fruit skewers with the cinnamon mixture and then serve on top of bowls of ice cream sprinkled with toasted flaked coconut.