- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4
Triple Onion Chicken has a creamy onion sauce filled with tender vegetables.
- 2 bacon slices
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 leeks, well rinsed, trimmed and cut in julienne strips, white part only
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package dry onion-mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove and drain. Discard all but 2 tablespoons fat. Add mushrooms, leeks and onion to pan. Cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in sour cream, half and half, cheese, soup mix, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Coat a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in pan. Pour cooled mushroom mixture evenly over chicken. Crumble bacon on top. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake, uncovered 1 hour at 350 degrees F.