- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes enough marinade for 5 pounds of meat
The tri-trip is a relatively inexpensive, versatile and tender cut of beef from the bottom half of the sirloin. Cook it to medium-doneness at the very most as anything more will render it extremely tough.
- 1 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 3, both white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk vigorously until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Pour the mixture over the meat, flip to coat and then place in the refrigerator, covered, to marinate overnight.
- Either discard the marinade or place in a saucepan to boil until reduced by half, and then serve as a side sauce with the meat.