- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 2 loaves
Take a step back into your grandma's kitchen with delicious Traditional Zucchini Bread. Versatile enough to serve as dessert, with breakfast or at a springtime celebration.
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground, dried ginger
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and ginger. Sift together so all is combined.
- Slowly, a little at a time, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Combine well.
- In another bowl combine the walnuts, raisins, chips, lemon zest and zucchini, a little at a time. Add the zucchini mixture to the main mixture, a little at a time until all is combined well.
- Divide the batter and pour into 2 loaf tins. Smooth out the batter so it's evenly spread across the tin. Bake for about an hour, or until a knife stuck into the middle of the bread comes out clean.