- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 1 1/2 quarts
This Sangria requires a little bit of time to make, but is deliciously worth it.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- One 4-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 banana, peeled and broken into pieces
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) red wine
- 2-3 cups sliced fruit (oranges, limes, peaches,)
- Mix together the sugar, water and cinnamon stick over medium heat. Stir until clear and syrupy. Add the banana and lemon. Bring to a boil and cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Use a fine sieve to strain the mixture into a large pitcher. Mix in the juice and wine. Finally, add the fruit. Serve very cold over ice in a tall glass.