- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Paella is a traditional favorite.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 1 pound clams
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen tiny peas
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes more or until no longer pink, stirring with a fork to crumble; drain. Add clams and 3 1/2 cups broth, cover and cook 5 minutes or until clams open. Remove clams and keep warm. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Add rice to sausage mixture. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add saffron; simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender, adding remaining broth as needed.
- Stir in shrimp, tomatoes, and peas. Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are heated through. Top with reserved clams, stirring until heated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.